Polar Alignment via Platesolving

Using SharpCap's Polar Alignment feature
Jean-Francois
Posts: 832
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:52 am
Location: Germany

Re: Polar Alignment via Platesolving

#61

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello nandojoe,

here a short message for saying that I tested your modified script with my EQ8 and a small telescope.
If each sky position is clear, then it works fine. But not with trees, cloud or side of the house ... the script try indefinitely to plate solve an image without stars (or too low number of stars).

I did not found the time to dig back in my script for the implementation of the modification.
I'm thinking to add a pop up message asking to decide the next action : "wait, retry or cancel" the actual sky position.

For the "alignment steps" ... it was working properly, so it was possible to adjust the mount basis without that the script crash.
My next idea is to add the visual adjustment guiding similar to SharpCap polar alignment ... select a right star and draw a direction vector.

Regards,
Jean-Francois
Post Reply