Hi Robin:
I am getting only 2-5 fps at full resolution with no difference in the frame rate if I reduce to a much lower ROI such as 800x400, or acquire the capture in 8 bit..
Thanks,
Dan Kahraman
Very slow frame rate in SvBony 715c camera
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17386
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: Very slow frame rate in SvBony 715c camera
Hi Dan,
given those symptoms, the first thing to check is that your exposure is set to a suitably low value (say 10ms) to get a high frame rate. If your exposure has managed to get set to say 200ms then you will only ever get 5fps, regardless of any other settings.
Beyond that, the other things to check are
* USB Speed control set to 2
* A good USB3 connection (using USB3 port and cable and no extensions/hubs)
I happen to have one of those cameras on hand to test with and I get about 45.5fps maximum at full resolution.
cheers,
Robin
given those symptoms, the first thing to check is that your exposure is set to a suitably low value (say 10ms) to get a high frame rate. If your exposure has managed to get set to say 200ms then you will only ever get 5fps, regardless of any other settings.
Beyond that, the other things to check are
* USB Speed control set to 2
* A good USB3 connection (using USB3 port and cable and no extensions/hubs)
I happen to have one of those cameras on hand to test with and I get about 45.5fps maximum at full resolution.
cheers,
Robin
Re: Very slow frame rate in SvBony 715c camera
Thanks Robin:
I have other problems with the camera namely I couldn't get colour balance in Registax...but I will certainly follow up on your advice. Yes there is that greenish tint....
Dan
I have other problems with the camera namely I couldn't get colour balance in Registax...but I will certainly follow up on your advice. Yes there is that greenish tint....
Dan