Once I have set up with focus and exposure I usually run a short capture with a quick process - a good investment of time for what can turn out to be a 2h session. During the last capture laptop disk tidy, I ran a full process of my test data. The image below is from 2026-03-28 and is 546 frames @ 54fps, 5ms exposure with an IR685 filter, a 10s capture. The SER file is processed with BiggSky (89% Autostack + decon) with no further processing.
These are the details for a test process at the start of the session.
Capture playback with SER Player, a 60-70% histogram gives good results with my equipment:
Autostakkert, I usually stack anything above 50% quality (80% in this case):
For alignment points I work on ~800 for my 1920x1200 sensor. In this case APs were showing on ~50% of the frame which scales to ~400 APs the target:
The AS4 stack, looks dark but this is handled in final processing with Gamma:
Registax - gamma, 2 wavelet sliders, contrast, brightness. Image looks decent, good to go for the session.
The Capture Settings file:
I expect constant focusing/exposure adjustment during a session.
Dave