Altair GPCAMAR0130C not detected

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Robsi

Altair GPCAMAR0130C not detected

Post by Robsi »

In Sharpcap 3.1.5191 or newer my Altair GPCAMAR0130C is not detected anymore. It works up to version 3.1.5186.0.
SharpCapPreReqs-3.1.5142.0 does not help.
Windows10 on a Surface Pro4
turfpit

Re: Altair GPCAMAR0130C not detected

Post by turfpit »

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=21&t=927

Dave
Robsi

Post by Robsi »

Thanks, I will wait and hope.

Robert
Robsi

Post by Robsi »

Are there any plans to resolve this issue in the near future?
I will not buy a new camera because Sharpcap stopped working. I will have to change the software 😢

Thanks,
CS, Robert
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

Hi, I have exactly the same camera and it's working fine with the latest Sharpcap (3.1.5219.0) with the latest Altaircapture (updating Altaircapture updates the drivers) installed (3.7.10965.20180205). Have you got the latest Sharpcap and Altair drivers?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately I am still waiting for a fix from Altair for this - the latest SDK that I am using with the SharpCap 3.2 beta builds still does not detect the older models of some of these cameras. For now going back to the older build of SharpCap 3.1 (3.1.5186 or earlier) is the only solution.

cheers,

Robin
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

I've just tested the Altair GPCAMAR0130C with the latest 3.2 beta and its working fine on that as well.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

unfortunately there were 2 or 3 different minor revisions of the early GPCAM130 models. The later ones work fine with the latest SharpCap - it's the earlier ones that have problems.

cheers,

Robin
Robsi

Post by Robsi »

Hi,
I tried it with the latest altaircapture but no luck. So I guess I have one of the older models :(
Is there still hope? It works fine with every other software I've tried.

CS, Robert
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robert

Just to clarify some of this.

I have an Altair GPCAM MONO V1. It is not recognised with later versions of SharpCap 3.1 (which has had an Altair SDK update to accommodate newer models of camera).

There are reports of your camera model working for other people. What is happening is that although the cameras appear the same by name, they can have different manufacturing dates. It is the manufacture date that dictates working or not.

How to find the manufacture date:

In AltairCapture (I am on Feb 5 2018, x64) go to Setup > View Properties. This screen appears:

Altair-camera-properties.PNG
Altair-camera-properties.PNG (8.91 KiB) Viewed 5399 times

The manufacture date is highlighted. This would be how to compare the cameras and will explain why one is working but another doesn't.

If your camera is working with other software, this is because that software is running older Altair drivers. If other software upgrades its Altair components then the same issue will be seen.

If I needed to use the GPCAM MONO, I would just switch back to an older version of Sharpcap 3.1 (working build number referenced above).

Hope this clarifies why one person's camera is working but the 'apparently' same model is not working for some one else.

The devil is in the detail (as always).

Dave

Dave