Thank you for your quick analysis. I just did a livestack shoot without dithering, but I never experienced clutch slippage, and I was able to livestack this evening (30 minutes). Is it a compatibility issue with the EZeus system or the Stallshot software?
Well, even without dithering, I like the Sharpcap software, and the platesolving function is very useful, so I'm happy that one of my long-standing shooting problems has been solved. If there is anything else I can consider, please let me know. I appreciate your help.
Dithering and Live stacking unsuccessful
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17382
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: Dithering and Live stacking unsuccessful
Hi,
it might be worth trying to use PHD2 guiding as a test to see if that can correctly control/calibrate/guide your mount. From the logs, it looks as though the problem is the ASCOM driver or mount doing something unexpected in response to the pulse guide command, but it is still possible that somehow SharpCap is requesting something odd that the mount isn't happy with. Testing with PHD would give another data point - same hardware, different software.
cheers,
Robin
it might be worth trying to use PHD2 guiding as a test to see if that can correctly control/calibrate/guide your mount. From the logs, it looks as though the problem is the ASCOM driver or mount doing something unexpected in response to the pulse guide command, but it is still possible that somehow SharpCap is requesting something odd that the mount isn't happy with. Testing with PHD would give another data point - same hardware, different software.
cheers,
Robin