Two Monitor View: add small preview window to main monitor?

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
saguaro

Two Monitor View: add small preview window to main monitor?

Post by saguaro »

The Two Monitor View feature is fantastic, thanks. I got it to work by first "extending" the monitor display from my laptop to my second monitor. I am then able toggle it by Ctrl+F12.

When the Two Monitor View is enabled, would it be possible to display (as an option) a small preview window on the main display that shows the second monitor's view? The reason this is very helpful is that when I'm doing outreach or star parties, I position my second monitor (which shows the captured image) around to face the audience. But then I wouldn't be able to see the captured image any more on my main monitor (my laptop screen). Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Two Monitor View: add small preview window to main monitor?

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - it's a good idea! I will have to think about the technical implications as the code is currently written around having one display area that just moves from place A to place B - not sure how tricky it will be to have two...

cheers,

Robin
RMSQueenMary

Post by RMSQueenMary »

That is a cool feature. 8-)
saguaro

Post by saguaro »

As a work-around, here's what I currently do for public outreach: Since I already had two monitors, I use an HDMI splitter to connect both external monitors to my laptop's single HDMI-out port. Then when I toggle "Two Monitor View" on, the preview/camera image window displays on both external monitors (but not on my laptop's screen). I keep one monitor turned toward me so I can see the image being displayed by the camera, and I turn the other monitor around to face my audience.

I still would much prefer that there was an option when using Two Monitor View to also display the camera's image on my laptop where I'm running SharpCap, to avoid having to use two external monitors for outreach.