Atik Infinity Monochrome Camera

brownrb123

Atik Infinity Monochrome Camera

Post by brownrb123 »

Hi,
I have an Atik Infinity monochrome camera. I would like to use it for solar imaging and stacking. I connected my camera to SharpCap but my camera is not recognized. Is there am driver I need or some other way to connect? I understand others have used SharpCap with their Infinity camera.
Thanks
Dick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik Infinity Monochrome Camera

Post by admin »

Hi Dick,

you need to install the ASCOM driver for your camera, which should allow you to use it in SharpCap. You'll find this somewhere on the Atik web site. Also install the ASCOM platform (v6.3) if you haven't already.

cheers,

Robin
brownrb123

Post by brownrb123 »

Thanks-Dick
Hibou

Post by Hibou »

The Atik 460EX monochrome camera (ICX694) works fine in SharpCap with its ASCOM driver. Except that the Cooler "Off" does not switch off the cooler :-) and there is no option for "Gentle WarmUp". You have to incrementally set the temperature to warm up. When the Cooler "Off" is checked, the cooling power should be decreased incrementally and automatically to zero over a time of say 2 minutes.

There is also the familiar Atik quirk in that it is slow to change temperature if the camera is reading out, and this camera takes 10s to readout at full resolution. This can't be switched off, since so far as I can see SharpCap continually acquires. A work-around is to set binning to 4x4 so that readout is much faster.

Still, the fact that everything else appears to work is amazing, given that Robin apparently doesn't have an Atik camera. This was only a brief test, so I may have missed something.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

good to hear that it works for you. I have some sort of staged cooling option on the todo list for a future version and there will also be a 'still camera' mode in a future version which doesn't take images all the time, so watch out for these in a future version (most likely the end of the year for still camera mode, not sure about the staged cooling).

cheers,

Robin