Hi,
I am moving from a dual band filter to individual band filters that I want to use on targets with mixed Ha/Oiii/... components.
As the different filters require differing exposure times I would like to understand what the process is in SharpCap to do a single nights Live Stack using different filters with different exposure times. (e.g Pause stacking, change filter/exposure, resume stacking).
Is that achievable or are there restrictions like keeping exposure times the same, ...?
Thanks,
Ken
Mulitspectral stacking
- admin
- Site Admin
- Posts: 17382
- Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:52 pm
- Location: Vale of the White Horse, UK
- Contact:
Re: Mulitspectral stacking
Hi Ken,
right now, live stacking does not allow you to combine colour channels from different filters 'live' in SharpCap. So, what you would end up needing to do is create separate monochrome stacks for each channel, then combine the saved stacks into a colour image in some other software (for instance deep sky stacker).
I can't think of any real issues with changing exposure times for the different colour channels in the separate stacks. You will of course need different dark frames for that. I would suggest feeding the RAW 16 bit stack (unstretched) into Deep Sky Stacker or whatever you use to combine the channels - using the 'on screen' version which is already stretched will probably cause all sorts of problems.
cheers,
Robin
right now, live stacking does not allow you to combine colour channels from different filters 'live' in SharpCap. So, what you would end up needing to do is create separate monochrome stacks for each channel, then combine the saved stacks into a colour image in some other software (for instance deep sky stacker).
I can't think of any real issues with changing exposure times for the different colour channels in the separate stacks. You will of course need different dark frames for that. I would suggest feeding the RAW 16 bit stack (unstretched) into Deep Sky Stacker or whatever you use to combine the channels - using the 'on screen' version which is already stretched will probably cause all sorts of problems.
cheers,
Robin