Sensor analysis wont finish

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis wont finish

Post by admin »

Thanks,

I can see that there are bad 'not a number' (NaN) results for some of the dimmer measurements - I will have to work out how that can happen.

cheers,

Robin
Greenkat

Post by Greenkat »

I've run it again last night & still got NaN populating the results again
Another question if i may, should I run the analysis with debayering on or off ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, I can see how the NaN problem would occur for a completely black frame now and I think I have a fix which will be in the next update in a few days.

Sensor analysis should be run with debayer on - and with the correct pattern selected to give the right colours. For a colour sensor it will only analyse the green pixels, so it needs to know the bayer pattern (even though the measurements happen before the frame is debayered)

cheers,

Robin
Greenkat

Post by Greenkat »

Cheer Robin

look forward to the update
Greenkat

Post by Greenkat »

I have attached the results that I coppied to clipboard from the scan, all showing Nan
Attachments
qhy8l adu test1.txt
(337 Bytes) Downloaded 184 times
Basjs

Post by Basjs »

I have a similar problem with the same camera.
For me it is still not possible to proceed with the third step.

One thing i am wondering if you can use the analysis with the ASCOM drivers. I also installed the normal drivers but Sharpcap can not find the camera at the moment (also uninstalled the ascom driver and only installed the normal driver with no success).
Log_2019-09-22T15_20_19-3448.log
Log
(79.08 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

From the log file it looks like you are using the QHY 8L camera, which is quite an old model and I don't think it supported yet by the latest versions of the QHY SDK. That would explain why you are needing to use the Ascom driver in order to access the camera.

In the log it looks like the procedure is getting stuck at the stage where you are asked to uncover the sensor – this is because the program is expecting to reach a saturation level of 60 to 70% without having to go past an exposure of 250 ms. The easiest way to get past this point is to use brighter illumination.

Cheers, Robin