exasmples

Discussions on extending SharpCap using the built in Python scripting functionality
Oleksandr

exasmples

Post by Oleksandr »

Dear SharpCap team!
Please advise - I want to automate the operation of the telescope and camera with the following tasks:
1. pointing the telescope according to the list of points in RA/DEC, the time of the start of shooting, shooting at the given exposure and the number of frames, diurnal motion is enabled.
2. aiming the telescope according to the list of points in Az/Alt, the time of the start of shooting, shooting at the given exposure and number of frames, diurnal movement is turned off.
3. is there support for TLE?
4. Aiming at a point and setting a speed by RA/DE - for example, for asteroid tracking.

There are probably already many such scripts - please tell me - where to look for examples?

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Re: exasmples

Post by admin »

Hi,

I don't think anyone has tried anything quite like this using scripting before, but it should be achievable. You can work with the connected GOTO mount via SharpCap.Mounts.SelectedMount to perform GOTO operations to either RA/Dec or Alt/Az co-ordinates inside a loop structure of your own implementation in Python. You can also do certain parts of this in SharpCap's sequencing tool (but I suspect that overall you will find gaps in the sequencer that will end up making you use the Python scripting).

There is no TLE support for orbital elements. You may be able to set RA/Dec tracking speeds by talking direct to the ASCOM driver of the GOTO mount and setting the RA and Declination tracking rates via the ASCOM ITelescopeV3 interface properties (https://ascom-standards.org/Help/Platfo ... copeV3.htm). This API can be accessed via SharpCap.Mounts.SelectedMount.AscomMount

Hope this helps,

Robin