How to set up a sequence to run every day from sunset till sunrise

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
kamilpekala

How to set up a sequence to run every day from sunset till sunrise

Post by kamilpekala »

Hello,
I have the SharpCap Pro license and I'd like to set up a sequence such that it will take live view frames every lets say 10 seconds (similar to what the Simple Sequence offers in the Capture... menu) and do that from sunset until sunrise every day for all eternity (or unless I stop it manually).

How can I do that?

I tried doing it like on the attached image but when I try to run it, SharpCap tells me that sunrise has already happened and thus the sequence is over. Any ideas?

Also the "run periodic task every ..." will not accept a value lower than 30 seconds and I'd like it to be 10 or 20.

Thanks in advance,
Kamil
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 16.54.57.png
Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 16.54.57.png (71.62 KiB) Viewed 434 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: How to set up a sequence to run every day from sunset till sunrise

Post by admin »

Hi,

Have a look at the sequence file in this post : viewtopic.php?p=41591#p41591

That's what I use for my all sky camera, which captures every night from dusk until dawn.

The outer 'loop 100 times' will make it run for 100 days before the sequence will finally exit - you can increase that number if you want, although I have used a smart plug to turn the PC off after dawn and on again at sunset, so SharpCap runs from scratch with the sequence each day using the /runsequence command line option on a shortcut.

cheers,

Robin
kamilpekala

Re: How to set up a sequence to run every day from sunset till sunrise

Post by kamilpekala »

I kinda already figured it out using a custom made IronPython script. But thanks for the answer anyway!