Sensor Analysis ASI2600MC/MM Duo

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
donboy

Sensor Analysis ASI2600MC/MM Duo

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

While helping a friend (on NSN) with their ZWO ASI2600MC Duo I found that there was no .bin file for this model in the sensor library. Thus we couldn't use the brain function. At that time he was trying to broadcast on NSN so no time to do a sensor analysis.

I also noticed while sorting through the sensor library that there was numerous .bin files for the Player One Uranus C. How do I know which one is for my Uranus 585C Pro Cool?

Regards,

Don
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis ASI2600MC/MM Duo

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

thanks for pointing those out - SharpCap tries to deal with variants in the naming of cameras (like PRO being added or 'USB2' or whatever) so that a single sensor data file gets used for all variants, but I have clearly missed a few things...

The duo should just use the same files as the 2600MM/MC as the sensor is the same.

It looks like the PlayerOne cameras are picking up the 'custom name' that you can set for the camera which is the bit in square brackets. I need to add code to ignore that so that all the variants collapse down to one (they will all contain very nearly the same data, so as long as one gets chosen you will have correct data)

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

Unless we missed some setting, we were not able to get the ASI2600MC Pro Duo to give us access to the Brain, when opening up the Image Histogram.

The latest version of SC ending in 243 was used.

Regards,

Don
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Don,

yes, unless you have done the analysis yourself, it probably won't work since it will be looking for a sensor file specific to the Duo. I think I have a fix for that for the next update.

By the way, what name does the secondary guiding camera in the Duo appear as in SharpCap's camera menu?

cheers,

Robin
donboy

Post by donboy »

Hi Robin,

Sorry can’t answer your question, never payed attention to the guide chips name. If one of my fellow NSNers broadcasts with a Duo I’ll try to remember to have them check.

Regards,

Don