which ZWO camera for 18" f/4 Newt ?

oopfan

Re: which ZWO camera for 18" f/4 Newt ?

Post by oopfan »

Jon, perhaps other manufacturers make better suited cameras but my suspicion is that they will cost a pretty penny.

The minimum exposure greatly depends on your light pollution. I don't mind running the calculations again for your Bortle class. If you don't know it go to Clear Outside and plug in your latitude and longitude https://clearoutside.com/forecast/50.7/-3.52

Brian
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Are you particularly bedded in on ZWO cams? I use Player One Cams, though admittedly my experience is limited to Solar at the moment. They have a wide range in choice.
jonstarrysky

Post by jonstarrysky »

oopfan wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:20 am Jon, perhaps other manufacturers make better suited cameras but my suspicion is that they will cost a pretty penny.

The minimum exposure greatly depends on your light pollution. I don't mind running the calculations again for your Bortle class. If you don't know it go to Clear Outside and plug in your latitude and longitude https://clearoutside.com/forecast/50.7/-3.52

Brian
Hi Brian think I am bortle 6 or thereabouts - moderately lightpouted suburban, so your original calculations should work thx, which was 8 seconds min exposure. Basically I read that to mean to get a deeper image, I just stack a greater number of 8 sec subs; longer subs won’t necessarily help, it’s the total stacked exposure that matters once I hit 8 sec.
Yeah not bedded to ZWO by any means, just a safe bet for me, widely available over here and better known than PlayerOne (who I’m sure are in reality at least a match in quality). A non ZWO camera with better matched sensor not available at ZWO would swing it.