Capture failures last night

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
wdh

Capture failures last night

Post by wdh »

Hi All- I posted this earlier in the "How do I" forum, and realized it should probably go here.

I was capturing data last night, and twice in the evening I noticed that the frames had stopped updating and were shown as dropped. The green exposure progress bar continued to update as usual, but the preview image never changed. Reconnecting to the camera did not resolve the issue, and I had to restart Sharpcap. The camera is an ASI585MC, connected to my Windows 11 home laptop via USB-3. I have used this configuration for a couple of months without issue.

Here is a section of the log that indicates the onset of the issue:

SharpCap.Cameras.ASI.ASICameraProxy.StartExposure()
Debug 22:19:19.016911 #36 Finished ZWO Exposure of 8519ms, gotFrame = True in bool SharpCap.Cameras.ASI.ASICameraProxy.GetFrameData(int timeout, BufferFrame frame, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Debug 22:19:19.019144 #36 Starting ZWO Exposure of 8519ms in bool SharpCap.Cameras.ASI.ASICameraProxy.StartExposure()
Warning 22:19:28.735891 #36 Fetching still frame from ZWO camera failed with ExpFailed, exposure is 8519, timeout is 19370 in bool SharpCap.Cameras.ASI.ASICameraProxy.GetFrameData(int timeout, BufferFrame frame, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Debug 22:19:28.736208 #36 Finished ZWO Exposure of 8519ms, gotFrame = False in bool

Looking through the Windows event logs, I did see the attached warning, but this was generated post-issue. I have attached the log as well in case there is anything more to be gleaned.
Windows error.png
Windows error.png (174.02 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Log_2024-05-02T21_48_22-151724.log
(216 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
After the second SharpCap restart, all seemed to behave normally for another hour or so before I shut down for the night.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

Best,
Bill
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture failures last night

Post by admin »

Hi Bill,

since I found and answered the other copy first, I moved that one here into bug reports - I will lock this topic and continue the discussion as needed in the other copy.

cheers,

Robin