Feature Tracking Tool

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Altocumulus

Re: Feature Tracking Tool

Post by Altocumulus »

Thanks Robin,

Frustrating this morning - both mounts 'polar aligned' on the Sun. But need a big nudge on GOTO (CdC) to hit target.

Both refractors with wedge : Display as GONG images - horizontal flip on cams.

Mount One at 0730 very slow drift to left, then from about 0900 a slow drift to the top left.
Mount Two drifts down!

Good hobby this!
cairomike

Post by cairomike »

Hi Robin

I've just seen your recent post mentioning " highlight circles sometimes appeared in the captures" and that it's now fixed. Does the fix also apply to the feature tracking cross hairs I mentioned a few days ago?

Regards
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the fix for the circles making it to the output file should also apply to the crosshairs :)

On the drift, I'm sure there's a rule that relates the direction of drift to the direction that you should tweak the polar alignment (basically it's drift alignment). Odd to drift left though (unless that's just the direction in the camera field of view) - the biggest effect of PA error is declination drift, particularly near Dec=0. You didn't have one mount on sidereal rate by mistake did you?

cheers,

Robin
cairomike

Post by cairomike »

Great thanks, I used the new version this afternoon, but haven't processed the images yet.

I think your second paragraph was intended for Altocumulus.

Regards
Mike
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

@Robin - Tracking is, generally Solar, but it's easy to forget to double check....

Best thing for me is probably to strip back both mounts and start a-fresh (whilst cloud's the theme for the next few days)
cairomike

Post by cairomike »

Hi Robin

The I acquired 783 images yesterday afternoon using V4.1.12128.0, all good. :)

Regards
Mike
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Altocumulus wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 6:45 am @Robin - Tracking is, generally Solar, but it's easy to forget to double check....

Best thing for me is probably to strip back both mounts and start a-fresh (whilst cloud's the theme for the next few days)
That's both mounts and 4 scopes stripped back to the tripods, and returned, balanced and 'polar' wotsitted using daytime polar align app (android version).
So when the sun comes out - we'll see what's what!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

good to hear that the fix for the rogue feature tracking indicators is working, and good luck with getting some decent weather!

cheers,

Robin