Manual Focus - mororised focuser attached

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Altocumulus

Manual Focus - mororised focuser attached

Post by Altocumulus »

Would it be possible to have a simple two button setup (In/Out) that moves the focuser when pressed, stops when released?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Manual Focus - mororised focuser attached

Post by admin »

Hi,

in theory yes, since I have something similar for the mount movement already, but I don't think there is any obvious space to put them in the focuser UI. I am always reluctant to make the UI for things like focuser/mount bigger, since it's too easy to just add another 20 pixels for this feature or that, and soon all of the hardware control areas are 40 pixels taller than they were, and that adds up to a lot...

cheers,

Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Thanks Robin - how about using a pair of the existing buttons, difference between mouse click and mouse hold (for at least a second). And/or option switch in settings.

Geoff
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Geoff,

possibly, might make sense with the 'large step' button. I will have to investigate how easy it is to distinguish between a press and 'press and hold' from that point of view.

cheers,

Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Cheers Robin.

Just a wonder, though, if it might interfere with some of the programming behind the backlash settings? I, currently, use overstep.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, that could be an issue - currently the way that the backlash handling works expects to be sent a position to move to, and will make adjustments as required. Sending a 'keep moving until I tell you to stop' would be awkward. Hmmm...

cheers,

Robin