AM5 Mount Home Position

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
davemartin88

AM5 Mount Home Position

Post by davemartin88 »

Is there a way to move my AM5 mount to the home position from within SharpCap or can I define the Park position as Home? I can go to the ascom mount window and send the mount to the home position but would prefer the home option in SharpCap. Great program by the way! I’ve just set up a mini pc at the mount and moved off ASIAir.
admin
Site Admin

Re: AM5 Mount Home Position

Post by admin »

Hi,

some mounts can move to the Home position via the ASCOM driver, but SharpCap doesn't have any built in functionality to trigger it - most people just use the park position the same as the home position, so 'Parking' the mount does the trick.

You can test out if your mount supports this using SharpCap's scripting language. Choose 'Show Console' from the scripting menu, then enter this command (with the camera alread open and the mount connected)

Code: Select all

SharpCap.Mounts.SelectedMount.AscomMount.FindHome()
You will either get an error or the mount will goto the home position - it would be interesting to find out which!

cheers,

Robin
davemartin88

Post by davemartin88 »

Thanks, will give that a try and get back to you.
davemartin88

Post by davemartin88 »

I ran this command at the end of the night from the console and the mount went to the home position without an error.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks, that's good to know - I will try to work out a way to make a button or similar for this...

cheers,

Robin
davemartin88

Post by davemartin88 »

That would be great. If you ever need something checked out on the AM5, happy to help out. Thanks again