SharpCap Pro - New Pricing April 2024

Official SharpCap and Forum announcements
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap Pro - New Pricing April 2024

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

it's now been nearly 3 years since we last changed the pricing of SharpCap Pro. In that time, inflation has increased prices generally by about 20% here in the UK, meaning that the real value of the £12 payment has dropped by about 20% over that time.

We have now had to act to restore the pricing to roughly the same real value as it was in 2021, which means an increase of the headline price of a SharpCap Pro license from £12 to £14 per year. Of course, you now get a good deal more 'SharpCap' for your money than you did in 2021, with new features like Planetary live stacking, Push-To assistance and Comet stacking to name but a few.

We have updated prices in other currencies to reflect this price increase and also the current exchange rates between the other currencies and the GB£. There's good and bad news here - for those paying in US$, the price remains unchanged at £18/year - this is a result of the US dollar strengthening considerably since we last adjusted our prices.

For those paying in Japanese Yen, there is unfortunately a significant increase due to the double effects of the recent weakening of the Yen and the £12 to £14 price increase. Effectively the old price of 2000¥ was too low, making the increase larger.

I am going to leave the 'Lifetime License' prices at the old levels for a couple more days - if you are thinking of buying a lifetime license, now is the time to do so before I update those to reflect the new pricing levels. Those who already have a SharpCap Pro license can buy a lifetime license here : https://store.astrosharp.co.uk/lifetimelicense

thanks,

Robin
carlomuccini

Re: SharpCap Pro - New Pricing April 2024

Post by carlomuccini »

HI

I already have a lifetime license, do I have to do anything?
Thank you

Carlo
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap Pro - New Pricing April 2024

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, nothing to do or worry about if you already have a lifetime license - those licenses will continue to work.

cheers,

Robin