Sabe TIFF image

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
Picheta

Sabe TIFF image

Post by Picheta »

Hello Robin, when I take captures in EAA I save my stacked images in RAW 16 or RGB 24 color. I select the output format in TIFF file to later process the image. But when I see the images, instead of a TIFF file, these photos are saved in a PNG file. Is there any way I can save it to TIFF or RAW files and then process this? I am very new to this world of EAA/astrophotography. Thank you!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sabe TIFF image

Post by admin »

Hi,

when you are using live stacking, the 'Save with adjustments' and 'Save exactly as seen' always save the image to PNG format - these options are designed to save an image for later viewing rather than further processing, so PNG is a good format as it is lossless but compressed and can cope with 16 bit images.

Saving using the 'Save as 16 bit stack' and 'Save as raw 32 bit stack' will generate images in the selected TIFF format - saves of this type are designed for further processing as they do not include the stretch or enhancement effects applied by SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
Picheta

Re: Sabe TIFF image

Post by Picheta »

Hi Robin, I Will try It!!! Thank you again!!!