SV605cc stretching is not well

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Ehud

SV605cc stretching is not well

Post by Ehud »

Hi Robin,
I got a new SV605cc, and just tried it with Sharpcap.
There is an issue with the histogram stretch. Please see attached:
Native1 - Svbony camera driver selected, histogram set as common to - seems like over-stretched.
Native 2 - I played with the histogram to get it better
AscomRoaw8 - Used the Ascom driver, this time the histogram works well.
Please advise.
Attachments
SharpcapSV605ccNative2.jpg
SharpcapSV605ccNative2.jpg (610.16 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
SharpcapSV605ccNative1.jpg
SharpcapSV605ccNative1.jpg (648.4 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
SharpcapSV605ccAscomRaw8.jpg
SharpcapSV605ccAscomRaw8.jpg (713.03 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: SV605cc stretching is not well

Post by admin »

Hi,

it's a bit hard to tell what is going on from the screenshots. If you tick the 'Log' checkbox on the histogram then it alters the horizontal scale to be logarithmic, giving more space to the important part on the left hand side. That helps a lot when manually adjusting and seeing what is going on.

For me to investigate fully, it would be best if you can send me one or two raw frames captured from the camera so that I can play with the same situation and see what happens.

thanks,

Robin
Ehud

Post by Ehud »

Thanks Robin.
To explain better:
Step 1 - On Native1 I used the Svbony camera driver, and put the Black level on the Histogram tip, and the Mid level right to it' at about 1/3 from the Histogram bottom. The result is not stretched well as expected.
Step 2 - I used same principals for the Black and Mid level when opening the camera through the Ascom driver - and it worked well.
Step 3 - So I went back to using the Svbony driver, and found that if I move the Black and Mid to the left, before the histogram tip, I get a reasonable image.
I hope this description can help you sorting out the issue.

Regarding raw frames - I only have the Fits. What should I do? And when having raw frames, I guess they'll be larger then 1MB each, the limit for uploading. Please advise.
Ehud

Post by Ehud »

Hi Robin,
I don't know what's happened, but tonight the histogram is fine. Weird. I hope it will stay like that. However the Dark frame (see other bug) is not working well yet.