Last used camera settings not restored

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
giraud

Last used camera settings not restored

Post by giraud »

Hi Robin,

I noticed that the Black Level setting is not restored when I switch on Sharpcap. It keeps setting the value to 7936 while I always use 400. Note that the the "Automatically restore last used camera settings when opening camera" is enabled in SharpcapSettings/General.
I am using version 4.1.12025.0.

Cheers.
Eric.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Last used camera settings not restored

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

I've had one other report of this issue, but so far have not managed to get to the bottom of it (I can't break it in my testing).

To dig further into this, I'd need a SharpCap log of the camera being opened with the following options in the 'Logging' settings ticked before opening the camera

* Camera Hardware Communication
* Camera Control values and Capture Profiles

Once the camera opens, close it again quickly (within a second or two) to avoid the log getting very large from the continuous checking for new frames being logged.

cheers,

Robin
giraud

Post by giraud »

There it is!

Cheers,
Eric.

PS: if that can help,that issue is knew to me, it wasn't there 2 months ago went I last operated my hardware
Attachments
Log_2024-04-14T20_29_06-6580.log
(141.35 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

thanks for that - the log looks like it has the information I need. I am away at the moment, but will go through the code later in the week to try to understand why it is happening and what to do about it.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just to report that I have now worked this one out and have a fix for the problem. It was an odd one - it took me a long time and alot of trial and error to find out that it only happens when the 'Connect hardware automatically when opening a camera' option is turned on! Once I knew that it turned out that two things were now happening in the wrong order due to changes made to hardware connection handling.

cheers,

Robin