When the sky is clear (which unfortunately is extremely rare in the Netherlands the past half year
Of course, since it is an ALT-AZ mount, field rotation is a thing. Luckily I have a ZWO294 which has a not so small sensor so I can crop.
I could invest in an automatic rotator, but such a piece of kit is quite expensive. Certainly more than I needed to pay for my old second hand dob with all the bells and whistles.
But this got me thinking: during live stacking, the images are aligned with respect to the earlier ones which requires two translations (X and Y) and a rotation (around the Z axis) of the image.
Wouldn't it be nice if Sharpcap was able to generate a notification, which summons you to rotate your camera a certain amount of degrees clockwise or counter clockwise after which live stacking proceeds? I can imagine a setting in which you can set a specific amount of rotation "interval" in degrees.
Manual rotators are quite affordable and you could stick a simple scale on it: just print something, and glue it onto the rotator. It also does not need to be very precise, since the goal is not to do long exposure photography, but only to limit issues at the corners in the stacked image.
Since I am not an experienced Sharpcap user, I might have missed such an option already exists... If this is the case, sorry for bothering everyone.