Sequencer issue

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Yt52nwb

Sequencer issue

Post by Yt52nwb »

Hello, I am experimenting with different settings for starting up my equipment for EAA. In the sequencer edit setup I first select a switch, in my case Lesvedome switch, to turn on the main power, I then connect to the switch and select turn onpower. I disconnect the switch then select another switch, this time a Pegasus Astro Usb control hub and connect to it, this turns on the camera, focuser etc. When I run the sequence, it stalls and times out at the switch to Pegasus Astro command, an error message along the lines of unable to switch to this device and the sequence terminates, but the device is on and everything is powered up. If I go into the sequencer edit and step through each individual command one at a time, It activates everything ok, the problem only occurs when I run the saved sequence. Dave.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer issue

Post by admin »

Hi Dave,

could you share the sequence code that fails for you so that I can test and work out what is going on. Also, please check that you have the latest version of SharpCap 4.1 from our downloads page, just in case there have been relevant bug fixes since the version you are currently using.

thanks,

Robin
Yt52nwb

Post by Yt52nwb »

Hi Robin, thank you for your reply. I haven't a clue if I'm doing this right. Please excuse the very basic sequence, I'm trying to get the idea of what to do and what to expect, it'll most likely be me doing something wrong, I'll fine tune later. I have downloaded the latest version and tried it with the same result. I think I've managed to include a log and the schedule. Dave.
Attachments
Startup test.scs
(464 Bytes) Downloaded 15 times
Log_2024-03-26T14_56_39-5220.log
(94.98 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it looks like it is timing out waiting for the change in selected switch to complete, which is odd since it should be a fairly simple operation (especially as you don't have a camera open). I will have to test a similar setup myself and see if I can reproduce the issue or not. Will get back to you.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I have tracked down the issue to a logic error in the sequencer code - when no camera is selected it was incorrectly waiting for the camera to restart after changing the selected device (should only do that if a camera is active).

I have a fix that will be in next week's update. I think you could work around for now by opening one of the testing cameras during the changeover of switch devices. Thanks for reporting this one :)

cheers,

Robin
Yt52nwb

Post by Yt52nwb »

Hello Robin, wow, excellent detective work, thank you for your attention, will look forward to the update. Thank you. Dave.