Automating run including meridian flip

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
woldsweather

Re: Automating run including meridian flip

Post by woldsweather »

Just seeing if there was meridian flip[ available in SC.
A problem I have is when the target reaches or just goes past the meridian and I do a manual flip and then send it back to the target it platesolves but won't slew with error:

Synctarget()RaDec was rejected.

I can't slew to anything that is less than an hour past the meridian.

Should I be able to?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

this is basically the same issue that you posted about here : viewtopic.php?p=40520#p40520

EQMOD is rejecting the sync for some reason - I don't have it happening just to the west side of the meridian in my EQMOD setup, so it seems likely that it is some EQMOD configuration subtlety. Did you post on the EQMOD mailing list to ask the people who might know?

cheers,

Robin
Salut Vilaró

Post by Salut Vilaró »

Hello:
I am looking for a way to perform the meridian flip in SharCap. I can't find the configuration menu. Can you help me?
I use ASCOM and PHD2. Mount: IOptron CEM40G.
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

currently there is no built in meridian flip option that just lets you press a button or tick a box and it happens, although having a button to perform the flip is a nice idea.

You can build an imaging sequence containing an automated meridian flip using the SharpCap sequence editor - see the 'Meridian flip the mount' step in the documentation - https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Mount . There are also sequencer steps that allow you to limit the previous capturing so that it stops as the mount approaches the meridian.

cheers,

Robin