Sequencer Banner

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
mace

Sequencer Banner

Post by mace »

WRT Sequencer coding:
I can see support for using the below to show a user defined banner for so many seconds.
However, this seems to get overwritten by SharpCap's own banners such as "Captured to ..."
Even if the notification is set for a long time, if Sharpcap's notification overwrites then disappears, the previous is not re-shown.

Show Notification in <Notification Colour.:'<Notification Message>'
Clear Notification Bar

I would like to request a feature to allow for multiple Notifications (within a limit (e.g. 4) so that a a bunch of them don't overwhelm the UI)
OR
Since the Sequence Editor has a UI window that is shown when things are running, have the ability to add a banner to that window.

This would be useful for multi-phased sequences (like the eclipse or several targets) to be able to show the status of things.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer Banner

Post by admin »

Hi,

actually there is a priority system for messages, so more important ones (like errors) can not be pushed out of the way by 'in progress' or 'information' ones. Right now the sequencer cannot set the priority when displaying a message, but I could change that relatively easily. However, I'm going to hold off on making any significant changes beside bug fixes in the next couple of weeks as I don't want to put those capturing the eclipse at risk of encountering a newly introduced bug.

Having a way to scroll back through past notifications is something that is on the long-term TODO list, but that is significantly more complex than just opening up the priority system to the sequencer.

cheers,

Robin