ToupTek Filter Wheel works not correctly

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
IlyaZ

ToupTek Filter Wheel works not correctly

Post by IlyaZ »

Hello!
New Filter Wheel AFW 7x36 from ToupTek, last ascom drivers from touptekastro.com installed.
On setup hardware An error window appears (screenshot attached).
Then the wheel can be connected in the right panel. But it works randomly, the installation button does not work.
I attach the log. The list of cameras is also a strange picture. Everything works in the N.I.N.A. software.
I tried to remove and reinstall the device several times, no changes.
Attachments
ScharpCap settings Hardware
ScharpCap settings Hardware
Sc1.PNG (65.93 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Log_2024-03-20T20_22_21-10008.log
log(with option filter wheel )
(120.48 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Cameras menu tab
Cameras menu tab
SC2.PNG (39.6 KiB) Viewed 376 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: ToupTek Filter Wheel works not correctly

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for reporting - I can definitely fix the 'FILTERWHEEL' showing up as a camera - I did have an email about this from ToupTek, but at the time I did not really understand what they were referring to, but it all makes sense now ;)

I tried installing the ToupTek ASCOM driver from https://www.touptek-astro.com/downloads/ and I don't see the issue that you are getting with the setup dialog - it shows correctly for me. Can you make sure that you have the latest version of the ToupTek ASCOM driver and also the latest version of the ASCOM platform (I think that the ASCOM platform update is most likely to fix this issue). I obviously don't have an actual ToupTek wheel to check with, so I can't go past showing the setup window to test the other issue, but it looks like the current position of the wheel is being reported as -1, which indicates an issue. Maybe the ASCOM update will help, otherwise we will have to investigate further.

thanks,

Robin
IlyaZ

Post by IlyaZ »

Thanks for the answer, Robin

>I don't see the issue that you are getting with the setup dialog - it shows correctly for me

This issue present if only Filter Wheel physically connected.
I am use last version ASCOM 6.6SP2 6.6.2.4195, I updated immediately as soon as I saw the problem

Today I remembered that I have installed V4.0.9835 SharpCap - the wheel works correctly
True, there is a problem in the configuration window - 2 buttons are inactive: "Calibrate" and "Goto"
Otherwise everything works correctly, no error messages.
If you need more information, I am ready to provide it

WBR, Ilya
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ilya,

the fact that you see the setup when the wheel isn't connected but it breaks when it is connected makes it doubly weird!

I will try changing the way that SharpCap attempts to launch the setup to see if that helps - I think this is going to be a bit of trial and error, but if we get completely stuck I will see if I can get hold of a wheel to test with.

thanks,

Robin
IlyaZ

Post by IlyaZ »

Thank you, Robin

On the weekend, I will carefully test everything on two computers. Perhaps my main computer is excessively cluttered, which leads to strange effects.

Best wishes,
Ilya