focusing support is completely hosed

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
mfratto

focusing support is completely hosed

Post by mfratto »

Robin, had issues with an EAF focuser attached via ASCOM. Sharpcap wouldnn't move the focuser. The buttons would grey out. Saw that someone else reported it and there was a new version. Installed SharpCapInstall-4.1.11939.0-64bit and its no better. Focus buttons are still greyed out. The multi-star FWHM stopped working (I used the ZWO EAF widget vis ASCOM to move it but the stars never changed.

I went back to 4.0 which seems to be stable.

I am not sure how much help I will be trying to dig up into. This is my first clear night in four weeks and not likely to see another for a while.
admin
Site Admin

Re: focusing support is completely hosed

Post by admin »

Hi,

sorry that this happened - it was a bug introduced in 4.1.11922 that I didnt spot before release - you can now download and install 4.1.11939 which includes a fix for the issue.

cheers,

Robin
mfratto

Post by mfratto »

Thank you Robin for the quick turn around. I apologize that I was snippy and rude. I was frustrated when I posted.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No worries, I get annoyed when issues like this slip past me and get into the uploaded versions. In this case, the enable/disable of the buttons was incorrect anyway (technically speaking), but incredibly unlikely to actually happen in practice. Another change I made elsewhere meant that the previously incredibly rare issue suddenly happened most of the time.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

for those having this issue, it turns out that 4.1.11939 did not contain the fix for the problem (I had written the fix, but got the wrong code in the uploaded build). 4.1.11947 now fixes the problem.

cheers,

Robin