File Name Templates

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
rac19

Re: File Name Templates

Post by rac19 »

I am having a slightly different problem with the Live Stack file template. The file name is (by default I think) frame_{Index}. It seems that the Index resets whenever the live stack Clear button is clicked, resulting in a file duplication error when a new live stack is commenced.

If I attempt to change the template to make the file names more unique (by including DareTime, for example), I can't Apply (save) the changes because the Apply button is disabled. I have checked the syntax of the template carefully and I am sure tgat it is valid.
rac19

Post by rac19 »

I figured it out. There were errors in file templates other than the one than the one that I was editing. Reading back through this thread, it seems that the validation rules have been tightened in recent Sharpcap versions and the errors were from valid templates in earlier versions.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

glad you got it sorted - I did have to tighten the rules because the old ones were too lax, so you can end up with settings that were allowed but can no longer be saved. When this happens, the red text should explain which template is bad, but it may be easy to miss that.

cheers,

Robin