Camera stop exposing feature

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Astrogate

Camera stop exposing feature

Post by Astrogate »

Robin, I am not too sure if this was asked before but can Sharpcap have a feature added that would allow one to stop their camera without shutting down? The reason I ask this is because sometimes I want to my ZWO ASI cameras to use some features in The SkyX but, I need to 1st disconnect the camera from Sharpcap which really affects the cooling set temperature very quickly. When I use my Atik Infinity with their Infinity software I can do this without disconnecting camera but I have to obviously first stop the cameras exposure. We need a stop button for the camera in Sharpcap thank you!

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera stop exposing feature

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm not sure what the outcome of something like this woudl be - to keep the cooler running, SharpCap would need to keep the camera open, but that may prevent other apps from opening it or (even worse) may lead to random failures if other apps do get to access it but the ZWO software isn't capable of dealing with it properly. Unfortunately just because Atik have got this working doesn't mean that other manufacturers have designed for the same circumstance - some experimentation with two apps that can talk to the ZWO camera and can stop exposing would be in order.

cheers,

Robin

PS. SharpCap 3.3 *will* have a still camera mode where it will only take images when you press the 'shoot' button.
Astrogate

Post by Astrogate »

Hi Robin

This ". SharpCap 3.3 *will* have a still camera mode where it will only take images when you press the 'shoot' button" is exactly what I was asking for and look forward to being in full control of my exposures. I hope that this will also work when using the live stacking feature. Thank you!

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

I think it will, but I haven't quite worked out the details yet.

Robin