rolling shutter and timestamp

Using SharpCap for other Astro Imaging such as all sky cameras and meteor detection
saci

rolling shutter and timestamp

Post by saci »

Hi,
Is it possible to have a field window higher than wide for example 1000X30 pix in order to record the speed of the rolling shutter with a pps led flash. it is for filming two led/pps at the ends but vertically quickly (1000fps) with an asi462 usb3 camera.
It's possible ??
THANKS
admin
Site Admin

Re: rolling shutter and timestamp

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, you can set a custom area - the option to do that will be at the bottom of the list under all the pre-defined ROI settings. Once you have set up a custom area, SharpCap will remember it and show it as an option in the drop down the next time. Once you have done this, you should be able to see rolling shutter effects.

Note that for many cameras, you only get an increase in frame rate by reducing the height of the ROI area, so selecting a narrower width may not improve the frame rate over using the full sensor.

thanks,

Robin
saci

Post by saci »

<<Note that for many cameras, you only get an increase in frame rate by reducing the height of the ROI area, so selecting a narrower width may not improve the frame rate over using the full sensor.>>

Thank you, I have already tried but I do not achieve my goal actually it does not change the speed depending on the width I would have liked to reach 1000fps.
Karim
saci

Post by saci »

Oops, no need for the full height I'll make do with the 32X400 format
Long live SharpCap.
Karim
saci

Post by saci »

Hi,
I tried to see we notice that the reading is done from bottom to top we see a time difference between the top and the bottom (led/pps) on 200X140(1000fps) and 32X400(400fps) pix of height.
difficult to evaluate the measurement beyond 140pix in height it would require a line composed of several LEDs/pps at least ten.
good heaven
ASI462
Karim
Attachments
voletASI462.gif
voletASI462.gif (40 KiB) Viewed 287 times
voletASI462 200X140.gif
voletASI462 200X140.gif (25.44 KiB) Viewed 287 times