simply way of external use the plate-solve result

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
serenus

simply way of external use the plate-solve result

Post by serenus »

High Robin

I would like to make suggestions to supplement the functions related to plate solving:

1.)
Even regardless of the push-to function, you shouldn't be able to call plate-solving just once. After a new cycle that can be set in Sharcap, a plate-solving should always be carried out after the last Image and the result (if available) should also be displayed. If images are then saved, the coordinates of the center of the image should be entered into the fits header of the relevant image file, just as ASTAP can do.

2.)
The following addition would be very helpful for programmers among users: If the result of plate-solving is written into a text file that is always the same and accessible to users (if plate-solving is called cyclically according to suggestion 1, this text file would have to be deleted if it exists and rewrite it), then any external tools could read and access this text file asynchronously in the meantime.

Such a file interface is a simple way to create an interface to third-party, self-programmed tools, even under any operating system and different software development environment, without any complex overhead (keyword ASCOM, INDI). Deleting, writing and reading text files has been easy for every programmer since the times of Fortran to modern Phyton. If asynchronous access to this file is not permitted because it is currently being written or read, try again in the next cycle. I have used this method myself many times, across the network and across computer and operating system boundaries. Unfortunately, this old method of communication between tasks has been forgotten.

In this way, from a user-specific, externally implemented push-to function to an automated goto of the mount used, many things could be implemented yourself, without ASCOM and INDI.

best regards
Serenus