What's New? Not much at the moment...

All the latest news about new features and improvements to SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

What's New? Not much at the moment...

Post by admin »

If you are the sort of SharpCap user who downloads every week's new update so that you always have the latest and greatest version then you might have noticed that the last couple have been 'kind of boring' with nothing much in them except bug fixes...

What I'm doing is trying to get a really good, stable, version at the moment. I will then use that version as an auto-update version for those currently on older builds of SharpCap 4.1, and after that as an auto-update for those still on SharpCap 4.0. As a result I am holding back some changes that I have made to the code to add new features or feature improvements - I'm trying to avoid the risk of those more interesting changes breaking things.

A few of the things that I have lined up ready to go once I am happy that I have a stable version include

* Improvements to ASCOM device communication to stop SharpCap from freezing if an ASCOM device is slow to respond or does not respond
* Improvements to meridian flip handling in the sequencer to handle flips when the mount tracks through north 'below the pole'
* Pulsed calibration movement for the framing assistant to help those with mounts that don't have a relatively slow movement speed
* Allow plate solve + resync to be used multiple times in 'Offset mount' mode without the target moving out of center on the second and subsequent uses

cheers,

Robin
Gfischer

Re: What's New? Not much at the moment...

Post by Gfischer »

Hi Robin,

I was wondering if you are still looking at rejecting streaked frames. Caused by moving scope when using push to tool. This would avoid waiting for the platesolve to reach radius limit.

George
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi George,

I still have a post-it note with that on... It is among rather a large sea of other post-it notes though :)

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Post by Borodog »

That would also help with guiding and dithering problems. I believe you could accomplish this with the "roundness" filter somebody suggested, killing multiple birds with one stone.
Gfischer

Post by Gfischer »

Robin,

“ no rest for the weary “
Hang in there

George