Livestack and autostretch

Somewhere to ask questions about the best way to use SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs
mgutierrez

Livestack and autostretch

Post by mgutierrez »

Hi,

I'm starting to play with livestacking.

I just wanted to know if it possible to apply an autostretch automatically on every new stack generated. Otherwise I have to press the button manually, is that right?

m
admin
Site Admin

Re: Livestack and autostretch

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have to press the auto-stretch button manually for each new stack. Sometimes you will find you need to press it part way through too, especially if conditions change during the stack leading to the light pollution level in the stacked frames increasing or decreasing.

cheers,

Robin
mgutierrez

Post by mgutierrez »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to propose this as a feature, if you consider it appropriate. For example a checkbox "Autostretch on every new stacked image" or similar.

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I often find that the auto-stretch is only the starting point for adjusting the stretch... It would be cool if it could re-calculate the autostretch and then apply any offsets made manually from the old auto-stretch values, so that manual adjustments would stay.

I'll keep it in mind.

cheers,

Robin
mgutierrez

Post by mgutierrez »

That would be nice Robin. Thanks for considering it.

Regards