Possible bug or strange error in Deep sky sequence planner

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
rjbram

Possible bug or strange error in Deep sky sequence planner

Post by rjbram »

Hello
thanks to Robin for your great work on Sharpcap (I just signed up for another year pro license!)
I plan to use the Deep sky sequence planner during the total eclipse, clouds allowing. In my tests, it looks like it will work well with my 80mm refractor and ASI294MCpro. I plan to have it cycle through snapping 5 still frames ranging from 1 ms to 2 seconds or so during totality. I am wondering if this is a small bug:

Connect camera:test deep sky camera
Select menu :Sequencer->Deep Sky Sequence planner
set up some parameters:
Click Save and give it a name:
Close the simple planner sequence editor.
Select menu:Sequencer->Run
(the file does not show up in the file list box unless you click "show all files")
Tap on the saved file.
Error message:"....sequence file.ssp could not be loaded-it may not be a valid..."
Click OK and then the sequence starts to run.

However, if I save it from the Advanced Editor, then it works without this bug/warning
thanks again
Rick
admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug or strange error in Deep sky sequence planner

Post by admin »

Hi Rick,

Operator error I'm afraid ;)

The SSP files saved from the sequence planner are designed to be loaded back into the sequence planner itself - there is a 'Load' button at the bottom next to 'Save'. They are a different structure and contain different information to the SCS files saved by the main sequence editor.

If you want a sequence file that you can run/load/edit in the main sequence editor, start in the sequence planner, get everything set up, then press 'Advanced Edit' which transfers the choices you have made to the main sequence editor, then save from there as an SCS file.

Good luck with the eclipse!

Robin
rjbram

Re: Possible bug or strange error in Deep sky sequence planner

Post by rjbram »

Got it! Thanks again for your amazing work!