Sensor analysis not asking for bin change

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
stbkaiser

Sensor analysis not asking for bin change

Post by stbkaiser »

Hi Robin
I just finished running Sensor analysis on my new ASI 2600 MC pro camera
Shaprcap - SharpCapInstall-4.1.11757.0-64bit
Window 11 pro PC
WHen The sensor analysis finished running it never prompted:
"The final step is to briefly adjust the Binning setting of the camera to determine how the camera deals with binning, after which the results will be shown."
it only created
ZWO ASI2600MC~RAW16.json
Has this changed?

Thanks
Steve
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor analysis not asking for bin change

Post by admin »

Hi Steve,

the binning measurement can be turned off with a checkbox at the beginning of the process, since some cameras don't behave nicely during the switch/switch back to binned operation, but that doesn't quite sound like what you are describing... Did you not get to see the graphs at the end of the process?

I did upgrade the graphing component that draws the graphs in the last update, but I am pretty sure I tested the analysis after the change as it was something I was worried about since it displays several different graphs.

I've just tested with a ZWO camera here and it seemed to run through as expected. Do you have any more info? A log from the problem session?

cheers,

Robin
stbkaiser

Re: Sensor analysis not asking for bin change

Post by stbkaiser »

Hi Robin
I will run the measurement again, and make sure the status of the binning checkbox.
I think I will also retest with one of my other cameras (asi224mc) to see how it performs.

I will report back with the results.

Take care
Steve