Hardware binning not allowing camera to connect

Anything that doesn't fit into any of the other forums
bella77

Hardware binning not allowing camera to connect

Post by bella77 »

Hello! I am working with a Moravian C3-61000 IMX 455 CMOS sensor. I connected it to SharpCap and successfully took a few test images. I then turned on software binning in order to decrease read out time. After making this change the software was unable to connect to the camera. Has anyone else dealt with this and knows what the problem could be?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Hardware binning not allowing camera to connect

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I saw an uploaded bug report that may correspond to this issue. It looks like the hardware binning mode does not support asymmetric binning (ie 2x3 or 1x4), and the code in SharpCap was tripping over because part of it was trying to set up symmetric binning and another part was expecting asymmetric still.

I tried to fix this from the bug report, so if you try the very latest version (4.1.11757), you may find it fixed. If not then the reason you cannot open the camera now is that SharpCap may be set up to restore the previously used camera settings, causing the hardware binning to be turned on during startup of the camera and the failure to happen repeatedly. You can turn off the auto-restore in the SharpCap settings or hold down the CTRL key while opening the camera to turn it off just once.

cheers,

Robin