Planetary Stacking/Enhancement question

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
triangulum

Planetary Stacking/Enhancement question

Post by triangulum »

Pro member here: note image of Stacking/Enhancement control panel below the Frame Block (5152). Notice the "Reset St" and "Save" buttons. I tried
everything to expand them. I have the latest update as of Jan 10th, 2024. Any advice?

Attachments
screen shot
screen shot
.jpg (763.81 KiB) Viewed 17253 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Planetary Stacking/Enhancement question

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think this is to do with telling Windows to use larger fonts, but oddly when I do that on my system, everything still looks fine...

Can you let me know what version of Windows you are using and what settings you have for display scaling - the screenshot below shows how they look on Windows 10.

thanks,

Robin
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.19 KiB) Viewed 17249 times
triangulum

Post by triangulum »

Thanks for the quick response: my settings are same as yours. Will let you know if and when I correct issue.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

and you are windows 10 with 1920x1080 resolution too?

Have you ever changed anything inside the 'Advanced Scaling Settings' window that you can get to by clicking on the blue text in my screenshot? It does seem that your fonts are bigger than I would expect in the screenshot and somewhere there must be some setting causing it...

cheers,

Robin
triangulum

Post by triangulum »

No.....have not changed anything in Windows 10.....all set at "Recommended Settings". Will check next update for correction.
Can I delete from control panel and reinstall new update without losing any previous updates?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can certainly uninstall your existing version and install a later version no problem (settings in SharpCap will get remembered if you do this). Actually, just running the install for the new version automatically uninstalls the old anyway, so that's the easiest thing to do.

I'm still unsure where the slightly larger fonts are coming from, but I have made a change that may allow the width to increase to accomodate them - this will be in the next version.

cheers,

Robin