Asteroid (4) Vesta Animation Using Live Stack Auto Save/Reset

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
russ75

Asteroid (4) Vesta Animation Using Live Stack Auto Save/Reset

Post by russ75 »

Hi Robin,

I was finally able to use SharpCap 4.1 for the first time since you fixed the overwrite issue with the live stack auto save/reset feature. I picked a big bright asteroid as the night's animation target. The auto save/reset worked great! No overwrite alerts. SharpCap auto-saved my 10-second images every three minutes. 40 live-stacked images in total. Only 21 needed for this approximately 2-hour animation.

By the way, I used the GoTo Coordinates and SharpSolve features for the first time. Fantastic tools. They operated seamlessly, and SharpSolve was super fast. I really liked the status box that appeared during the process of slewing to (4) Vesta's coordinates, solving, syncing, and centering. It was very satisfying (and reassuring) to watch the status of each step in the process as it progressed.

Thank you!

Orion ST-80 (80 mm f/5), ZWO ASI482MC, Celestron CGEM mount (via ASCOM CPWI)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Asteroid (4) Vesta Animation Using Live Stack Auto Save/Reset

Post by admin »

Hi Russ,

glad to hear that all is now working nicely :) I am quite fond of the progress too - I only recently added the distance to target being updated as the mount moved and I think that makes a big difference to feeling that you are getting good feedback.

I really like your animation - would it be OK for us to share that on our facebook page?

cheers,

Robin
russ75

Re: Asteroid (4) Vesta Animation Using Live Stack Auto Save/Reset

Post by russ75 »

Robin,

Please feel free to post the Vesta animation on the SharpCap facebook page.

Also, I forgot to mention that the blended offset background subtraction feature works great from my Bortle 7 backyard here in Edmond, Oklahoma USA. From my backyard I'm looking across the top of a brilliantly illuminated shopping complex a mile away and straight into the bright Oklahoma City light dome just a few miles beyond that. With my ASI482MC (one shot color camera) I get all kinds of ugly background color gradients that are really difficult to remove in post processing. SharpCap cleans it all out in the capture process. It is a godsend.

Regards,

Russ