Go to target in the Sequence Planner

Questions, tips, information and discussions about using the SharpCap Sequencer and Sequence Planner tools
giraud

Go to target in the Sequence Planner

Post by giraud »

Hi Robin,

I have noticed that one must enter RA / DEC coordinates in the sequence planner in order to program a Go To Target
Hoping the functionality to select the object directly from an embedded database also exists in the sequencer one day, I am wondering which RA / DEC deep sky object data base you'd recommend for me to use as input.

Many thanks.

Cheers,
Eric.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Go to target in the Sequence Planner

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

the option to select from SharpCap's catalog is present in the 'Deep Sky Sequence Planner' (see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Target), but not in the full sequence editor. You can start off in the deep sky planner and then transfer the generated plan into the editor for further tweaking.

I will have to investigate whether I can integrate the target selection into the full editor easily (or maybe make a way to copy the co-ordinates from the selected target).

You can use pretty much any online catalog as a source for co-ordinates. I quite often copy/paste co-ordinates from Wikipedia. SharpCap is designed to accept multiple formats of RA/Dec co-ordinates so that pasting in the co-ordinate text should do the job.

cheers,

Robin