Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Discussions of Electronically Assisted Astronomy using the Live Stacking feature.
schimmi66

Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Post by schimmi66 »

There is a problem with the connection of MGEN3 with SharpCap 4.1 (64-bit). Some time ago, everything worked perfectly. The guiding works, but I can't dither. I am working in direct mode in Windows 10, 64 bit, without ASCOM. The FTDI driver is installed. SharpCap always reports "not connected to guiding".
The connection works in the 32-bit version of SharpCap 4.1. However, the 32-bit version fails after a short time due to "out of memory". Why does my MGEN3 no longer connect to SharpCap 4.1? Why does the 32-bit version work and the 64-bit version not? I hope that you can help me quickly.

Regards Klaus
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem connection MGEN3 with SC 4.1 64bit

Post by admin »

Hi Klaus,

it could be that there are some DLLs that the MGEN code needs missing on your system. Can you check the SharpCap log to see if there are any error messages recorded when you try to connect to guiding - the information there would help reveal what the problem is.

cheers,

Robin
schimmi66

Post by schimmi66 »

Hi Robin,
thanks for the tip. I have looked at the log file and found the error. Only Microsoft Visual C++ 32bit was installed on my notebook. After installing the 64bit version, everything worked.
Now I can happily go on my Christmas vacation.

Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Klaus
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Klaus,

so it was looking for MSVCR100.dll and MSVCP100.dll I guess - I should try to include them in the installer.

cheers,

Robin