Temperature display for non-cooled cameras

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
MarMax

Temperature display for non-cooled cameras

Post by MarMax »

Referring to SC 4.1, the temperature display under Camera Controls for non-cooled cameras is always greyed out. This makes it quite dim and hard to read during the day. I use DIY TEC's to cool my non-cooled cameras during the day to take flats that are a closer match to typical night time temperatures, usually 15-20C. I understand the temperature is greyed out because it's not adjustable but I would be helpful if it were brighter so I can see it during the day.

Thank you,
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Temperature display for non-cooled cameras

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

thanks for the suggestion - I think it may be possible to change the colours to give a bit more contrast, although I have to avoid making it look too much like an active, editable value.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Temperature display for non-cooled cameras

Post by admin »

Ah, interesting, looks like the graying out is done using transparency. The default was to make it 44% transparent, so I will reduce that to 30% transparent which boosts the contrast somewhat while still making it obviously different from an active control.

cheers,

Robin