Quad Index was empty errors with plate solving after goto

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Oberon510

Quad Index was empty errors with plate solving after goto

Post by Oberon510 »

I was doing some gotos last night and nearly all my goto plate solves did not work. I kept getting an error like Quad index was empty so I am wondering if the internal platesolve DB was empty.

Prior to last night I had a power issue with the system it is running on and I had some crashes. At that time, for triage of that issue, I deinstalled SC (4.1.11251 64bit), tested it, installed the previous version (4.1.11239) and then installed 4.1.11251. So the version from last night was 4.1.11251.

Logs are attached.

Any thoughts?
Ken
Attachments
Log_2023-11-11T19_10_44-13720.zip
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Quad Index was empty errors with plate solving after goto

Post by admin »

Hi Ken,

thanks for the report - I have also seen this one uploaded and worked out that it is caused when the field of view calculated from the focal length, pixel size and image size is large (more than about 4 or 5 degrees). The plate solving is supposed to use that info to cut down on the amount of work to do, but with very large fields it cut the number of items in the index to zero - ooops!

I have a fix for today's update.

cheers,

Robin
Oberon510

Re: Quad Index was empty errors with plate solving after goto

Post by Oberon510 »

Thanks Robin - will test again tonight. I also double checked the iOptron Commander ASCOM setup and the camera pixel size and scope settings were empty so the bleeding obvious - I stuffed up...
Ken