NGC1499 California Nebula (Most of it)

A place to share images that you have taken with SharpCap.
Forum rules
Please upload large images to photo sharing sites (flickr, etc) rather than trying to upload them as forum attachments.

Please share the equipment used and if possible camera settings to help others.
nexusjeep

NGC1499 California Nebula (Most of it)

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi
Well miracles never cease we actually had a clear night forecast and it actually stayed clear. Installed the new version 4.1 of SharpCap as well to give it ago and enabled the built in plate solve option. Slewed to target plate solved and thought the mount had gone wrong as the solve was stunningly fast and the offset issued to the mount before I even saw it so well impressed with that :D .

The session was 154 3min subs and the image below is the best 139 of these so dropped the worst 15 / 10% ish.

Image Info :

Imaging kit : APM-LZOS 130/780 + 0.75x MR Reducer/flattener, ASI2600MC-Pro + Esatto 4" Focuser
Mount : M-UNO Synscan
Guide : Skywatcher ED72Pro+0.8x reducer Altair 290M guide camera
Software: SharpCap, GSS Mount control software, PHD2, Stellarium, AstroPixelProcessor, Affinity Photo 1.9

Image 139 x 180s at 100g -10C / 25 180s Darks / 50 2s Flats / 100 Bias
Image23.11.10_NGC1499_California_Nebula_139_x_3min-session_1-lpc-cbg-csc-cbg-St by Nick Davis, on Flickr

Cheers
Nick
admin
Site Admin

Re: NGC1499 California Nebula (Most of it)

Post by admin »

Hi Nick,

that's come out very well - a good use of a rare clear night :)

Good to hear that the new plate solving is working well for you - your relatively short focal length and the nice big sensor of your 2600C gives a nice large FOV to both get in your target and also to make plate solving (relatively) easy. I have an update coming on Monday with the option of a high resolution index for the plate solving (down to 0.25 degree FOV). That has four times as much data so takes longer - taking four times longer to solve...

cheers,

Robin
nexusjeep

Re: NGC1499 California Nebula (Most of it)

Post by nexusjeep »

Hi Robin,
Thanks for the heads up will keep an eye open for it and give it a try although the existing one was pretty spot on as it centred the star I had selected in Stellarium for the goto before the plate solve, if the new one takes four times as long I probably won't really notice as I said the current one was so fast I did not realise it had done it as I clicked the plate solve icon locked at my second screen and missed the actual event :D

Cheers