Default settings values for image controls panel

mAnKiNd

Default settings values for image controls panel

Post by mAnKiNd »

Hi Robin, hope you're well, quick question if you please,

I've just installed the latest SDK V2018.04.24.0 in your latest update and was wondering if you could help me with what are the default values for image controls? I don't want anything to change from the SDK/inside Sharpcap, I want to make all changes in post-processing.

For my QHY183C, I think they're at default, especially Gamma, Brightness and Contrast, but I'm not sure about White Balance R,G & B. They're set at 1, 0, 0, 64, 64 and 64 respectively. Are these correct?

For my QHYIII224C it's slightly different, with 1, 0, 0, 128, 128 and 128 respectively. Please advise!

I know the values range from 1-256, hence 128 would be in the middle and that may be the default setting from QHY, but I'm not sure. A default button would go a long way to rectify my confusion!

Many thanks and all the best to you buddy :)
Minos

P.S. wouldn't hurt knowing what the default settings for USB traffic are too!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Default settings values for image controls panel

Post by admin »

Hi Minos,

QHY don't have a way to get default values for controls from the camera, so I have had to work these values out the hard way :(

I seem to recall setting the default for the colour balance controls based on the minimum value you can set that still lets the histogram reach a 100% peak . Anything lower than that will be scaling down, anything higher scaling up. You should be able to test this yourself I think. Unfortunately different QHY cameras have different 'neutral' values for colour balance, so my code has to try to deal with this, but I can only be sure for cameras I have tested.

cheers,

Robin
mAnKiNd

Re: Default settings values for image controls panel

Post by mAnKiNd »

Thank you Robin, you guidance is spot on, indeed, for my QHY183C, the value 64 for R, G and B gives the correct scaling.

Many thanks again!
Minos