Feature Tracking with CoM but NOT driving the CoM to the center of the frame

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

Feature Tracking with CoM but NOT driving the CoM to the center of the frame

Post by Borodog »

While trying to image Saturn and her moons tonight, Titan was way off to the side. I framed everything with Titan in the lower left ans Saturn and the other moons in the upper right. But when I turned on feature tracking, Saturn was driven to the center of the frame.

I would like the open to use Center of Mass feature tracking but leave the CoM where it is at the start of tracking, rather than driving it to the center of frame. Would simply be a check box on the feature tracking panel.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Tracking with CoM but NOT driving the CoM to the center of the frame

Post by admin »

Hi,

there's an option for this (certainly in 4.1) to allow you to let it track with the center of mass in the current position rather than moving it to the center of the frame - see https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.1/#Guiding%20in%20Action

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Re: Feature Tracking with CoM but NOT driving the CoM to the center of the frame

Post by Borodog »

Thank you!