Disable ROI and Previous ROI buttons

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Borodog

Disable ROI and Previous ROI buttons

Post by Borodog »

Under the ROI section, in addition to the drop down and the new select ROI functionality, I'd like 2 small simple buttons. One to disable ROI (i.e. set it back to the full chip) and one that goes back to the previous ROI. The motivation is that when I do planetary imaging, I use ROI a lot, but between captures there is a lot of back and forth between smaller ROI for capturing and larger ROI for refocusing and readjusting the ADC, which would benefit greatly from such buttons.

Thanks for your time and consideration, Robin.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Disable ROI and Previous ROI buttons

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - I must admit that I was doing planetary for the first time in a while the other night and ended up using ROI a lot, so I can see where you are coming from.

There is some space on the ROI movement control (rather than the Capture Area one) that might be usable, but not sure if two buttons will fit easily.

cheers,

Robin
Borodog

Re: Disable ROI and Previous ROI buttons

Post by Borodog »

Perhaps directly in the tool bar then? If not the "previous ROI" button is the more useful. It would allow you to bounce back an forth between two ROI, capture and ADC adjustment/refocus, for example.