Camera disconnects when a new camera connects

A place to report problems and bugs in SharpCap
Forum rules

If you have a problem or question, please check the FAQ to see if it already has an answer : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap-faqs

Please also read about Troubleshooting USB Issues before posting.

*** Please do not post license keys - please report any problems with licensing to 'admin' by private message ***

Please include the following details in any bug report:

* Version of SharpCap
* Camera and other hardware being user
* Operating system version
* Contents of the SharpCap log after the problem has occurred.
[If SharpCap crashes, please send the bug report when prompted instead of including the log]
Jean-Francois

Camera disconnects when a new camera connects

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

I remark now the following when I connect a camera with a second instance of SharpCap ... it disconnects the camera from the first instance.

That is very annoying with a cooled camera ... if I have the main camera on the first instance already cooled at 80-90% power, then a abrupt disconnection stops the cooling and then the camera heat up uncontrolled.

One of my setup is: last SharpCap 4.1 with QHY-183 (cooled for the spectrometer) and QHY-200 (for guiding on the slit).
I remark it on several computer (all W10).

Regards,
Jean-Francois
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera disconnects when a new camera connects

Post by admin »

Hi Jean-Francois,

I will have to test this - I presume it's going to be just if both cameras are QHY. I have seen something similar with QHY cameras in the past where re-scanning for connected cameras would cause the current camera to stop working, but I thought that was fixed.

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I just tested this (so far with QHY294PRO-C and QHY5III585C) and I can happily have one camera open in SharpCap and then run another SharpCap and open the other camera with no ill effects (either way round). I have just added a QHY178C to the mix too and have 3 cameras running in 3 versions of SharpCap right now.

I presume you are using the latest SharpCap 4.1 with the rolled back QHY SDK to get GPS working again, which will be the same as I have here. I have QHYCCD driver 23.4.12.0 dated 12/04/2023 on Win10.

Very odd - maybe model specific?

cheers,

Robin
Jean-Francois

Post by Jean-Francois »

Hello Robin,

In the past 2 evenings, the camera connections were working properly. At least on my EAGLE computer.
May be I did not use the same configuration or the same connection sequence (ASI120, QHY-200 and QHY-183).
The last evening I used only the QHY cameras.

Regards,
Jean-Francois