Capturing Flats in Sequence and dark flats

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
lowenthalm

Capturing Flats in Sequence and dark flats

Post by lowenthalm »

I noticed recently that there is a sequence step for capturing flats with bias frames, but none for capturing flats with dark flats, which I find works much better. Would this something that could be added in? I see the can of worms involving selecting filters or asking to cover the scope and so on, but hopefully there is some way.

In addition, it would really be handy if a bell would ding when the "Cover scope" and "Uncover scope" messages come up. I have to set a timer on my phone to make sure I know when to get back and check if the computer has put up one if these messages if I have stepped away.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capturing Flats in Sequence and dark flats

Post by admin »

OK, makes sense...

I will put the option on the TODO list - adding new options to existing steps takes a bit more thought than adding new steps, since I have to be careful not to break existing sequences with the change to add an option, but adding a whole new step *can't* break existing sequences...

The beep is easy - all I need to do is tell it to put the exclamation icon on the message boxes and the sound happens automatically :)

cheers,

Robin