Dual Monitor setup

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
NeilG

Dual Monitor setup

Post by NeilG »

Hi Robin,
due to the weather its been quite a while since I've been able to do any imaging work.
downloaded the latest 3.3 beta and it works as expected with one exception that seem to be different to when
Ii used it some months ago.
When I click on the 'two monitors' button in the toolbar, the 2nd monitor correctly shows the image from the camera, but the image from the camera still shows in Sharpcap in the primary monitor as well - I'm sure it didn't work this way before - or is my memory failing me.
Regards
Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dual Monitor setup

Post by admin »

Hi Neil,

this is a new feature in 3.3 – allowing the image to show on both monitors at the same time. In previous versions, showing it on the second monitor would remove it from the main monitor. The idea here is to allow people doing outreach activities to have just the image showing on a big screen and also be able to see it on the laptop screen to make adjustments.

Cheers, Robin
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

Hi Robin,
thanks for clearing that up.
Neil
Scopes: Celestron C11, 102SLT , Ascension 127mm Apo, Opticstar 152mm Mak, Ascension 80mm Apo
Mounts: EQ8, EQ5 Pro, Nexstar SLT
Imaging: ASI1600MM-Cool, ASI533MC-Pro, ASI290MM, ASI224MC, Quark, QHY5L-II-M,
Opticstar 82 eyepieces, lots of other stuff
chromus

Post by chromus »

Is there any way to control which monitor gets the image only display?

On my configuration it will only display the image only on my laptop. I have tried different combinations of launching sharpcap from each screen, but it always defaults to monitor 1 (laptop) even though I have 1 or 2 other monitors plugged in.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

if you have two monitors then the full-screen display will go to the one that SharpCap isn't already on, so just put SharpCap on the monitor when you want the main user interface to stay and then the full-screen should appear on the other monitor.

If you have three or more monitors, I'm not quite sure of what will happen – I expect that the full-screen will go to the lowest numbered monitor excluding the one that SharpCap is already on, but I've never tested with three or more monitors :)

Cheers, Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

Late to this old post, but if I may.

Dual monitor is only available for direct connections - rather than over a remote link?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

you can do dual monitor over a remote link - at least it works with remote desktop, if you have set up remote desktop to use multiple monitors. Not sure about other remote software. I think it should work even if you only have a single monitor on the SharpCap PC as long as you have multiple monitors on the PC you are remote desktopping from.

cheers,

Robin
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

That's interesting Robin. Tried it earlier this morning and it didn't play ball.

Windows Remote between laptop and a small screen.

Perhaps try again, though I shifted a few settings to no avail.
AstroChessPilot

Post by AstroChessPilot »

I have it working with Remote Desktop Connection. Make sure the "use all my monitors" is checked.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-09-04 114016.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-04 114016.jpg (158.48 KiB) Viewed 7696 times
Altocumulus

Post by Altocumulus »

That's my mistake!

Thanks very much.....