Deep Sky Mosaic

Got an idea for something that SharpCap should do? Share it here.
Forum rules
'+1' posts are welcome in this area of the forums to indicate your support for a particular feature suggestion. Suggestions that get the most +1's will be seriously considered for inclusion in future versions of SharpCap.
Rocket_Guy

Deep Sky Mosaic

Post by Rocket_Guy »

Hi Robin,

I have been playing around with Sharpcap's lunar and solar mosaic options for a while. They are a lot of fun and very useful when your optics don't allow for a full view of the sun or moon. It seems like it would be possible to extend these routines to deep sky targets. The user would simply specify three points in space which would serve to define a circle within which the mosaic would be constructed. You could then use the coding which you have presently in Sharpcap to construct the various rectangles which would form the different pieces of the mosaic. Is this possible or am I missing something? Thanks for your consideration and for all your work in developing Sharpcap.

Best, Bill
admin
Site Admin

Re: Deep Sky Mosaic

Post by admin »

Hi Bill,

yes, you are absolutely right, and it's something that I do plan to introduce in a future version. The most challenging part is defining the area for the mosaic - although you could define a circle with three points (or even a center point and a single point on the edge), I feel a more graphical approach is probably right, which does make it more work than the simpler approaches would.

cheers,

Robin